Children's Play, Learning and Development Level 3 at Wiltshire College
This course is for people who wish to enter the early years sector and successful completion grants occupational competence as an Early years Educator which is required of you wish to work as an early years professional.
The course aims to develop your skills to become a confident practioner who will be able to work within different settings or enable you to progress into higher education.
Year 1 units include:
- Child Development
- Play in Early Years Settings
- Meeting Children’s Physical Development, Physical Care and Health Needs
- Health and Safety Practice in Early Years Settings
- Collaboration with Parents, Colleagues and Other Professionals in Early Years
- Supporting Children’s Communication and Language
- Supporting Children’s Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Child Protection
Year 2 units include:
- Observation, Assessment and Planning for Play and Development
- Diversity, Equality and Inclusion in the Early Years
- Reflecting on Own Early Years Practice
- Research Skills
- Health, Education and Social Services for Children and Their Families
- Food and Mealtimes in the Early Years
4 GCSE grade A-C including English and Maths.
This qualification is assessed by a combination of assignment work and exams. The internally set assessments will be varied in format allowing all student to show their particular talents whilst developing and extending other skills.
On successful completion of this qualification you will receive a Level 3 BTEC 90 Credit/Extended Diploma in Children's Play, Learning and Development.
Successful completion of this course can gives you the academic standard for entry to higher education. There are opportunities to take a foundation degree in Early Childhood Studies at Wiltshire College. You can also apply through UCAS to other universities.
Employment opportunities include:
- Nursery Nurse
- Teaching Assistant
- Educational psychologist
- Play therapist
- Children's Holiday rep
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wiltshire College directly.