Logistics - Warehousing and Storage Certificate levels 1 and 2 at Wirral Metropolitan College
This course will develop the fundamental practical skills needed when working in the logistics sector. Modules covered include:-
- Health and Safety
- Checking stock levels and stock records
- Supervising the receipt
- Storage and dispatch of goods
- Picking goods in Logistics
- Moving and handling goods
- Assembling orders for dispatch
- Developing working relationships in the Logistics sector
This new and exciting opportunity will develop a broad range of skills in the fast-growing logistics sector. You will have the opportunity to study Warehousing and Storage qualifications at Level 1 and Level 2, as well as a Fork Lift Truck driving certificate.
These sought-after skills will be further enhanced through extended work placement opportunities with local logistics and warehousing companies, building both your knowledge and practical experience of this expanding sector.
The courses will be delivered at the brand new logistics centre at our 12Q campus, which provides a simulated warehousing and logistics setting as well as state-of-the-art interactive technology to enhance learning.
You will need to have a keen interest in developing the skills needed in a warehousing business, or want to progress onto higher-level qualifications within the logistics sector.
At interview you will need to:
- Demonstrate a minimum grade of Entry Level 3 literacy in the assessment and interview which includes speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Have a minimum of 4 'E' grades at GCSE which includes English
- Provide two positive references
- Present a record of achievement from your last school
- Show you are committed, motivated and have excellent punctuality and attendance
If English is not your first language, you may need to have an assessment before enrolling onto this course.
These nationally recognised qualifications will be assessed within our logistics centre.
Priority is given to 16-18 year olds.
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A*-C in English and maths already
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wirral Metropolitan College directly.