Sport & Exercise Sciences - EDEX 90 Credit Diploma Level 3 at Hertford Regional College
Do you have a real passion for sport, anything from boxing to basketball?
Can you inspire young people to take up sport? Are you determined to combine this passion with some form of employment but not sure how? Then this is the right course for you. This will help you to choose the path you want to follow and develop skills that employers are looking for, such as being a good team player, using your initiative, being able to plan and prepare activities and communicate with all kinds of people.
- This course has been designed to help, develop and understand the sports coaching, health and fitness and sports development industries.
- Participating in theoretical and practical lessons.
- You will be studying 9 units including Anatomy and Physiology for sport, Training and Fitness in sport. .
- You will need a minium of 194 GCSE entry points including Maths, English and Science at Grade C.
- The outcome of your initial diagnostic assessment will also be taken into consideration when offering you a programme of study.
- Tuition fees may apply if you are 19 years or over on August 31st.
You will be assessed continuously using a range of activities these will include, role plays, gym and sports analysis, practical assessments, presentations, displays, discussions, written reports and case studies.
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2016. If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2016, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last three years, and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). However, fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). You will be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee, materials fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.
On successful completion of this level 3 course and obtaining a Merit overall grade, you will be able to progress onto the extended level 3 course.
Trips visits and enrichment activities which include vocational guest speakers, as well as the use of an on site gym with extended facilities, spinning bikes, studio classes and a boxing/circuit area. You will also study Functional skills, in either Maths, English or ICT and the CYQ Gym Instructor qualification.
What will I need?
- HRC Sports kit £95*
- Enrichment costs £60*
- Personal stationery and a memory stick
*Please note that these costs may be subject to change in line with inflation
There is also a start date of October 2016
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.