Beauty Therapy Level 2 NVQ Diploma at Eastleigh College
If you are looking for a rewarding and diverse career that can bring you not just glamour and excitement, but the real rewards of hard work and dedication, then perhaps beauty is the industry for you.
Students will have the opportunity to work in industry standard salons working in a training and commercial environment to develop their technical and personal skills.
The programme will be taught by a team of highly qualified professionals and will include a mixture of practical and theory lessons in a working salon, supported by work experience.
Training will include professional product knowledge, minx nails, face painting, theatrical make up, Shellac and ear piercing (additional fees apply).
You will have the opportunity to take part in visits to trade shows, attend guest speaker seminars and excursions.
Level 2 Beauty Therapy is made up of the following practical units:
- Provide facial skin care treatments: Cleansing, skin analysis and facial massage techniques
- Enhance the appearance of eyebrows and lashes: Tinting eyelashes and brows, brow shaping, application of strip and individual lashes
- Carry out waxing services: Temporary hair removal from various parts of the body
- Provide manicure and pedicure services: Shaping nails, cuticle work, paraffin wax, hand and foot masks, nail enamelling and hand and foot massage
- Provide make-up services: Day, evening and special occasion techniques
And additional units:-
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce Health and Safety risks
- Promote additional products and services to customers
- Develop and maintain effectiveness at work
- You will need 4 GCSEs at grade A*-D including English, Maths and Science or a proven achievement on a Level 1 programme such as Level 1 Introduction to the Hair and Beauty Sector (including Functional Skills).
- We will also consider attendance and attainment reports from previous education and a successful college interview.
- Any student without a GCSE at grade A*-C in English or Maths will be required to continue study in this area either through GCSE or Functional Skills. The pathway followed is dependent on the grade achieved at GCSE, screening and intended progression.
- You should have high standards of personal appearance and good communication skills as you will be required to work on a range of clients.
- Students who are not yet ready for the Level 2 programme may be offered Level 1 Hairdressing or Beauty Therapy. This will support progression onto Level 2 in the following year.
You will require a uniform with shoes, costing approximately £65. A basic kit of tools and products is also required to allow you to practice at home and in College (approximately £200).
Additional fees may be charged for trips or industry qualifications offered during industry week.
After successfully completing this programme, students can progress onto Level 3 Beauty Therapy, Level 3 Spa Treatments or other related programmes such as Level 2 Hairdressing.
You can also gain employment in a number of establishments such as salons, beauty complexes within hotels or in department stores.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Eastleigh College directly.