Beauty Therapy Level 1 at Wiltshire College
Whilst studying on the Level 1 Beauty course you will study: skincare, applying basic make-up, themed face painting, basic manicure, basic pedicure, nail art and photographic make-up. You will work with the general public and whilst
on Reception, learn confidential methods of storing client information manually and on the computer. GCSE or Functional Skills in English and Maths will be completed.
Competition work and work experience is an essential part of your course and you will be expected to attend a salon one-day a week. This will give you hands-on practical experience of working in the industry.
There are 14 units to be achieved for the Level 1 Diploma qualification:
- Introduction to the Hair and Beauty Sector
- Presenting a Professional Image in a Salon
- Follow Health and Safety in the Salon
- Working with Others
- Create an Image using Colour in the Hair and Beauty Sector
- Skin Care
- Applying Basic Make-up
- Themed Face Painting
- Providing Basic Manicure Treatments
- Providing Basic Pedicure Treatments
- Create a Hair and Beauty Image
- Salon Reception Duties
- The Art of Photographic Make-up
- Provide Nail Art Services
This qualification leads to employment opportunities within a salon environment or department store.
4 GCSEs at E or above or equivalent (to include Maths and English). Subject to a satisfactory interview and a good reference.
You will be assessed in the College's 'Aspire' beauty salons. More information on the salons can be found here.
At least 3 hours a week home study is required and you will need to carry out work experience.
The final qualification on this course is a City and Guilds VRQ 1 Diploma in Beauty Therapy.
On completion of this course you could progress onto the Level 2 Beauty course.
Employment opportunities include:
- Assistant Beauty Therapist
- Salon Receptionist
- Cosmetic Counter Representatives
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wiltshire College directly.
Last updated date: 24 June 2016