An Introduction to Health and Social Care & Children Level 1 at Blackburn College
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who would like a career working within Health and Social Care and with Children and Young People, this study programme will help you make your career choice.
You will gain a level 1 qualification in Health and Social Care and Children and Young People as well as developing your employability skills.
This is a one year full time study programme where you will study:-
- Level 1 Diploma in an introduction to Health, Social Care and Children’s and Young People’s settings.
- English and Maths*
During the programme you will undertake work placement in a variety of settings and many exciting enrichment activities.
*If you have not achieved a Grade D or above in your Maths and English language GCSEs you will be required to work towards a GCSE Grade C as part of your Study Programme.
To study this course you must possess the following:-
- 4 GCSEs Grade E including 1 in English and 1 in Maths
- A genuine desire to work with people
- Complete a DBS (police check) during induction
- You will complete assignments for your vocational qualification
- A portfolio of evidence for employability.
- Visited on work placement
Vocational assignments will be completed in the classroom and at home.
You will complete exams in English and Maths
On successful completion of the study programme you may be given the opportunity to progress onto a level 2 qualification in Childhood Studies or Health and Social Care. This is subject to achieving the relevant English and Maths qualifications.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Blackburn College directly.