Level 2 Clinical Healthcare Support Apprenticeship at Leeds City College
Adult social care general pathway for Advanced level Apprenticeships suitable for those working in some lone worker or supervisory care roles in social care settings.
In order to achieve a full apprenticeship you must successfully complete the different parts of the framework over 18 to 24 months.
Level 2 Diploma in Clinical Healthcare Support (QCF)
- Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Contribute to health and safety in health and social care
- The role of the health and social care worker
- The Principles of Infection
- Prevention and Control Causes and Spread of Infection
- Implement person centred approaches in health and social care
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Handle information in health and social care settings
Framework additional mandatory units:
- Dementia Awareness
- Understand Mental Health Problems
The Optional units are chosen by the employer to reflect your job role
Functional Skills qualifications
Level 1 Functional Skill in English
Level 1 Functional Skill in Maths
Employment and Personal Learning Skills in Health
A rigorous recruitment and selections process is carried out to ensure that the aspiring apprentices are suited to enduring this exciting and challenging route of study. GCSE grade A-C in English and Maths would be an advantage. However if you cannot provide evidence of this then you will be required to sit an online assessment test.
A wide range of assessment methods are used in the workplace. Evidence reflects how you have carried out the process relating to your competence.
For example: The process that you carry out could be recorded in an observation or witness testimony. Products relating to your competence could be minutes of a meeting, e mails, letters, manufacturing instructions, photos and health and safety checks.
Different forms of questioning are carried out on an on-going part of the assessment process.
Search and apply online for our current vacancies http://leedscitycollege.justapply.uk
Contact us on: T: 0113 216 2337 / 0113 308 7918
You could progress onto:
Clinical Healthcare Support (Level 3) Apprenticeship
Health & Social Care - Adults (Level 3) Apprenticeship
Health and Social Care Extended Diploma.
Apprenticeship routes can change throughout the year, keep up to date here
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.