Music Performing - BTEC at Bristol Brunel Academy
Develop your practical skills in performing and composing through practising your own instrument and forming your own bands! Experience the thrill of planning your own live music event!
- Music Performance Techniques: Develop and showcase your own performance skills.
- Pop Music in Practice: Research and perform popular music in a group of fellow students. Music from the blues to dub step, and everything in between.
- The Music Freelance World: How to make a living from being a musician.
- Solo Music Performance Skills: Extended opportunity to show how you have improved as a performer.
- Music Project: In your group plan, prepare and present your own live music event. Choose your own venue!
- Music in the Community (Optional): Plan and devise an event for a group in the local community.
- Composing Music (Optional): Develop your own portfolio of musical compositions. This will be your own choice of style/genre.
Grade B in Music
Minimum Academic Standard for Progression into Y13
Entry into Y13 is not automatic in CLF Post 16.
The majority of students will continue into Y13 dependent on the entry criteria for courses as outlined below:
For BTECs all students must attain a minimum vocational standard of passes for successful progression.
Students who do not meet the entry requirements into Y13 will be given guidance about a change of study programme and relevant courses available. They will not be allowed to re-sit the same core learning aims (i.e. subjects) as they did in Y12.
Teacher marked – internally and externally moderated. All units 33% of year course.
University: BA / BMus courses; joint honours courses (Music with...); music college; specialist training in pop / rock music.
Performer; composer; session musician; music studio; retail; education.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bristol Brunel Academy directly.