Logistics and Supply Chain Management Level 3 at South Essex College
What is logistics?
Logistics is a technical sounding term for what is a fairly simple concept. When used in a business context, it refers to the process of ensuring the right items are in the right place at the right time.
Why do a logistics course?
- logistics is a progressive industry sector that will grow in the future
- in Essex alone there will be around 25,000 jobs created as a result of the London Gateway development
- there are good career opportunities within the sector covering road, rail, sea and air transportation as well as supply chain pathways
- career-minded students can literally travel the world as logistics is a global business with career opportunities throughout the world
- with our two year Level 3 Extended Diploma, you will be prepared for an amazing career in the logistics industry - the sector has thousands of vacancies for people like you - now is the time to apply
System ref: #49048
- the business environment (mandatory)
- business resources (mandatory)
- introduction to marketing (mandatory)
- business communication (mandatory)
- managing physical resources
- understanding health and safety in the business environment
- the impact of communications technology in business
- business in the economic environment
- operational management of road transport
- development planning for a career in business
- developing teams in business
- business project management
- supply chain and stock management
- quality management systems in logistics
- transport planning
- transport systems and the environment
- business ethics
- international business
- four GCSEs at grade C or above, including maths and English, or
- Business Level 2 Diploma (or equivalent) and maths and English at level 1
Through a range of assessment techniques which may include coursework and examinations.
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment
After successful completion of the course you may progress to higher education, start your own business or pursue a career in the logistic industry. This course opens a broad range of opportunities for employment within logistic industry where you can apply your business skills.
Completing Route A of this course will give you an Edexcel BTEC Level 3 90 Credit Diploma in Logistics, while Route B will give you an Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Logistics.
You will undertake a personal and professional development programme designed to guide you and support your business logistic aspirations. You will undertake work related programme designed to assist you developing the necessary skills to achieve
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Essex College directly.