Professional Food and Beverage Service Level 3 Diploma at Stafford College
This programme incorporates the following courses:
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional Food and Beverage Service
- Level 3 Food Safety Certificate (CIEH)
- Functional Skills (If applicable)
This full-time programme aims to further develop the supervisory and professional food and beverage service skills appropriate to industrial requirements
- Principles of supervising food and beverage services
- Principles of food safety supervision for catering
- Principles of promoting food and beverage services and products
- Principles of supervising customer service
- Supervise food and beverage service
- Legislation in food and beverage service
- Carve fillet and joint and serve food in a food service area
- Prepare and serve wines
- Supervise hospitality events
- Prepare cook and serve food in a food service area
You should be at least 16 years of age and be able to demonstrate reasonable literacy and numeracy skills. Level 2 Professional Chef Diploma or Patisserie and Confectionery Certificate would be required or suitable industry experience. We will also want to see evidence of a strong commitment to study.
Assessment will be a series of practical tests with some theory based assignments.
Practical elements require the college standard uniform to be worn. (Forms available upon request)
Some students may find they are eligible for student support funding and would need to contact student support prior to commencement of their programme.
The completion of this qualification would allow successful candidates to apply as workplace supervisors or junior managers within the restaurant area.
If you would like any more information about the college or our courses then write, visit or telephone Student Services on 01785 275468. Our email address is email@example.com. If you are unsure about which course to take, we can arrange for you to get the advice you need from a member of our guidance team.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Stafford College directly.