Carpentry & Joinery Level 2 Diploma at Swindon College
The course consists of practical and theoretical work in either Site Carpentary or Bench Joinery. Some parts of the course are common on both options, but you will be asked at the start of the course to decide which option you wish to follow.
Bench Joinery options:
- Set up and Operate Cutting and Shaping Machinery
- Produce Setting Out Details for Routine Joinery Products
- Mark out from Setting Out Details for Routine Joinery Products
- Manufacture Routine Joinery Products.
Site Carpentry Options:
- Understanding Construction Technology
- Prepare and use Carpentry and Joinery Portable Power Tools
- Carry out First Fixing Operations
- Carry out Second Fixing Operations
- Erect Structural Carcassing Operations
- Carry out Maintenance to Non-structural Carpentry Work.
Applicants should have GCSEs grades A-D in maths and English or equivalent Functional Skills qualifications, and a Level 1 Diploma in Wood Occupations.
If you are offered a work placement then you can continue at college working towards an NVQ Level 2 on an apprenticeship programme.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Swindon College directly.