Children's Play, Learning and Development BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma (Single) at Dereham Neatherd High School
This qualification is equivalent to one AS level in terms of size. It can be taken alongside other AS levels. It consists of two units of work completed in Year 12.Unit 1 focuses on Child Development and is externally assessed by examination. Unit 2 is on Children’s Play and is assessed by a series of assignments. Students who successfully pass this course can move on to the National Award in CPLD in Year 13, which is equivalent to a full A level and receives the same UCAS points.
- How do children progress from 0-8 years?
- What does Bowlby say about attachment?
- How does Chomsky explain how children learn language?
- Why do nurseries have a key person system?
- How are gifted and talented children identified?
- How can play support cognitive development?
- How can adults effectively support play?
- Are nurseries in Norfolk “too noisy?!”
- What is the “Forest Schools” initiative?
- What is the Montessori approach to play?
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Dereham Neatherd High School directly.