BTEC Level 3 Nationals in Performing Arts at Ormiston Bushfield Academy
The BTEC Level 3 Nationals in Performing Arts are vocational courses. The courses and qualifications are designed for people who plan to progress to higher education and a career in the Performing Arts.
The skills you develop are not exclusively applicable to working in the Performing Arts sector. The courses develop a wide range of employability skills: problem-solving, interpersonal skills, organisational skills, teamwork, presentation and leadership. They also develop intellectual and creative skills which are invaluable for a wide range of university courses and professions.
There are a number of qualifications available to students:
BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Performing Arts (180 Guided Learning Hours)
BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate in Performing Arts (360 Guided Learning Hours)
BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Performing Arts (720 Guided Learning Hours)
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Performing Arts (1,080 Guided Learning Hours)
- The Extended Diploma is equivalent to three A Levels,
- The Diploma to two A Levels,
- The Extended Certificate to one A Level,
- The Certificate to an AS Level.
The Extended Diploma is a full time course, meaning all of your time in our Sixth Form will be devoted to the Performing Arts.
Much of the work you do will involve rehearsing and performing. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work with Bushfield Theatre Company, our professional theatre company-in-residence.
You will also learn how to live the life of a professional performer. This will include the practicalities such as the structure of the industry, the job roles available, what theatre buildings are like, how to get a place at drama school, how to find a job, how to audition for a role and how to get an agent. You will also develop the artistic understanding you need to rehearse and perform your role and to work with your fellow artists.
Additional GCSE grade C or above in English and one performing Arts subject.
if no Performing Arts experience then an audition will take place before being offered a placement.
- The Certificate comprises of three units. Two units mantatory and one unit which is externally set and marked.
- The Extended Certificate comprises of four units. three units mandatory and one unit which is chosen from a range of options.
- The Diploma comprises of eight units. six units mandatory and two units which are chosen from a range of options.
- The Extended Diploma comprises of thirteen units. You will choose to follow one of four "Pathways";
- The Performing Arts Pathway
- The Dance Pathway
- The Acting Pathway
- The Musical Theatre Pathway
Many students choose to follow the Performing Arts Degree route, but the skills acquired during the course can lead to many other job opportunities..
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ormiston Bushfield Academy directly.