Business: Level 1 Certificate in Employability at Regent College
This is an introductory course in Business Learners will:
• Be provided with the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques including personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life
• Achieve a nationally recognised Level 1 vocationally related qualification
• Progress to related general and/or vocational qualifications e.g. OCR Level 2 qualifications
Learning takes place through a variety of teaching methods e.g. teacher led sessions, role play and group work. Individual projects and assignments are produced involving the students own research and so students are expected to work on their own account.
Regular workshop support is provided along with individual support for students to develop their portfolio evidence.
GCSEs grade E or 2 or above, or PASS at Entry Level, including English Language
By portfolio assignment, which is sampled by the exam board’s external verifier. Homework and class activities are assessed throughout the course. This is a credit based qualification (QCF), completed through a number of portfolio units including:
Working in Business & Administration
Creating Business Documents
Supporting Business Meetings
Verbal and non verbal communication
Social action project
The course includes a period of work experience, from which three further units of evidence are completed:
• Preparing for Work Placement
• Learning from Work Placement
• Managing Your Health at Work
Free to all home students.
Upon completion of this course students can progress to Level 2 courses.
To find out more about this qualification, please contact Regent College, ask your Connexions Personal Adviser or your school/college Careers Staff.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.