AS / A Level - Modern History at Blackpool Sixth Form College
A Level History is the fascinating story of human behaviour and the people and moments that have shaped our world. You will have the opportunity to study aspects of European, British and American history. History is a rigorous and academic subject, which is highly regarded by both employers and universities.
AS Modern History Year includes:
- Weimar Germany and the Wall Street Crash
- Hitler’s rise to power and rule over Germany
- The division of Germany, the impact of the Cold War and building of the Berlin Wall
- Churchill 1920 – 45
- Britain during World War II
A2 Modern History Year includes:
- Native American and African American Civil Rights in the USA 1865 - 1992
- The rights of workers and women in the USA
- Causes of the Russian Revolutions of 1905 and 1917
- Tsar Nicholas II and the fall of the Romanov dynasty in Russia
At least a C grade in GCSE English. It is not a requirement to have previously studied History.
60% exam and 40% coursework in AS and A2
Exam board: OCR
History students go on to study a wide variety of university courses. History prepares students very well for university as it teaches the skills of analysis, evaluation and effective written and verbal communication. Students follow careers in areas such as law, journalism, teaching and management.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.