Business Improvement Techniques Advanced Apprenticeship Diploma - Work Based at Eastleigh College
This qualification is for learners who wish to learn about lean business improvement techniques and have the ability to achieve a Level 3 qualification. It is also suitable for those with responsibility for improving business performance such as team leaders, process improvement and quality assurance personnel.
Advanced Apprenticeships are jobs with an accompanying skills development programme designed by employers in the sector. They allow the apprentice to gain technical knowledge and real practical experience, along with functional and personal skills, required for their immediate job and future career.
The units cover the skills, knowledge and understanding to support the overall effective operation of businesses across a variety of sectors including:
- applying Six Sigma methodology
- applying basic statistical process control
- basic statistical analysis
- carry out value stream mapping
- applying value management
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- visual management systems
- applying policy deployment
- applying workplace organisation techniques
- applying continuous improvement techniques Kaizen
- creating flexible production and manpower systems
- applying mistake/error proofing - Poka Yoke
- problem solving
- capability studies
- analysing and selecting parts for improvement
- creation of standard operating procedures
There are no entry qualifications or age limits required by learners to undertake this qualification unless this is a legal requirement of the process or the environment.
Assessment is open to any learner who has the potential to achieve the assessment criteria set out in the units of assessment.
Once you have enrolled onto the programme you will be assigned an assessor that will visit you in the workplace regularly. They will complete assessment plans and reviews with you to keep you on target. They will support you in the collection of the required evidence needed for your qualification through different assessment methods such as; professional discussion, observations, written questions, verbal questions, witness statements and any assignments.
NVQs are assessed by portfolio of evidence which details what you have done at work and observation from an assessor who watches you work and checks that you can do the work-related tasks.
This can lead to roles as:
- continuous improvement leader
- continuous improvement specialist
- process improvement leader
- quality improvement manager
or to progression to further learning:
- EAL Level 3 Diploma in Business-Improvement Techniques (QCF)
- EAL Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Business-Improvement Techniques (QCF)
- EAL Level 3 Award in Six Sigma Quality Methodology (QCF)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Eastleigh College directly.