Light Vehicle Maintenance Diploma IMI Level 2 at Weston College
This study programme will provide you with the opportunity to carry out an in-depth study of vehicle systems and further explore the automotive industry. Light Vehicle Maintenance Level 2 units:
- Routine light vehicle maintenance
- Light vehicle chassis units
- Light vehicle transmission and driveline.
Maths and English is a fundamental element of this study programme and will be embedded into your vocational learning. If you do not have a grade C in Maths and/or English you will attend a discrete GCSE or Functional Skills class as part of your weekly timetable.
4 GCSEs at grade D or above or a Level 1 qualification
You will need to have an interest in motor vehicles, achieved a Level 1 light vehicle diploma or successfully completed the school link motor vehicle
We’ll assess what you know about the job and your skills in a number of ways, including:
- On-going workshop assessment
- IMI assessed observations of practical work
- IMI E-portfolio
- IMI online multiple choice questions.
- Light Vehicle Maintenance, Diploma, Level 3
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- An NVQ Level 2
- A career in the motor vehicle industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Weston College directly.