Plumbing Level 3 Apprenticeship at Swindon College
This course is aimed at experienced installers who wish to improve their skills and who may wish to take up supervisory or
design roles in the plumbing industry.
The course includes practical work in installation, commissioning de-commissioning and maintaining systems, and project work. Credits need to be completed from the following units:
• Understand how to organise resources within building services engineering.
• Understand and carry out electrical work on domestic plumbing and heating systems and components.
• Understand and apply domestic cold water system installation, commissioning, service and maintenance techniques.
• Understand and apply domestic hot water system installation, commissioning, service and maintenance techniques.
• Understand and apply domestic central heating system installation, commissioning, service and maintenance techniques.
• Understand and apply domestic sanitation system installation, commissioning, service and maintenance techniques.
• Install, commission, service and maintain domestic plumbing and heating systems.
• Tightness test, purge, commission and de-commission gas pipework.
The Apprenticeship is open to those aged 16+ in suitable employment who hold a Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plumbing and GCSEs,
(or equivalent) at grade D in English and Maths.
Please note that funding restrictions may apply to apprentices aged 19+. Also, Apprenticeship funding is currently not available for those who have a degree, HNC, HND or equivalent Level 4 or above qualification. This means you as the Apprentice would be liable for the full fees of the course.
For more information contact the Apprenticeship Team 01793 498208.
This is continual and in accordance with NVQs. Your ability to do the job will be confirmed by:
• Observation of your work.
• Material you collect.
• Accreditation of Prior learning.
• Questions asked of you regarding the particular situation in which you are working.
Some courses may require additional course materials for further information please, contact the Apprenticeship Team on 01793 498208 or email Apprenticeships@swindon.ac.uk
On successful completion of the course a student may consider studying further in an allied trade such as electrical/ refrigeration or supervisory management.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Swindon College directly.