Dance A Level at Worcester Sixth Form College
This course offers you the chance to develop your skills in choreography, performance and analysis. Energy and commitment are the main requirements for this physically and mentally demanding course.
- On average, two practical lessons per week.
- The many aspects of the course mean that activities vary considerably.
Rehearsal time outside of lessons.
- GCSE English C or above
- GCSE Dance at grade C or above or equivalent level of experience.
Commitment to rehearsal and good attendance.
Practical and written examinations
Optional visits/workshops approx £30. Participation in timetabled rehearsals and on Thursday afternoons.
Many students go on to study Dance at degree level, focusing on performance, choreography or analysis, whilst others combine it with another Arts subject for a Joint degree. Each year some students seek employment In the industry. However, many prefer to look on their Dance A Level as having been an enjoyable way to gain a qualification which has also provided them with transferable skills for other employment/careers such as team work, problem solving, management and motivation of others, communication and expression.
- Large dance studio with sprung floor
- Extensive Learning Resources Centre provision
- Video and sound recording equipment
- Workshops with visiting professionals
- Close links with the County Youth Dance Company
Extra Curricular Activities
- There are many opportunities open to students to perform and to see performances.
- The Performing Arts Academy puts on two public productions a year including a large scale musical and an end of year showcase
- Workshops with visting practitioners.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Worcester Sixth Form College directly.