Core Maths: Mathematical Studies AQA Level 3 at Kingdown School
A new Level 3 maths qualification, half the size of an A-level, with two end-of-course examinations. The content is based around the new GCSE Maths Higher Tier (first teaching 2015), with around 20% taken from other qualifications, including A-level Maths.
It helps to develop students’ mathematical skills and thinking and supports courses such as A-level Psychology, the Sciences and Geography as well as technical and vocational qualifications.
- Analysis of data
- Maths for personal finance
- Critical analysis of given data and models including spreadsheets and tabular data
- Analysis of data and personal finance are seen by teachers, Higher Education and industry as topics in which all students should have confidence and competence
Depending on staffing and group size we will also be teaching one of the additional elements below:
- Statistical techniques
- Critical path and risk analysis
- Graphical techniques
Level 3 Mathematical Studies (Core Maths) is a new qualification designed for students who have achieved a grade 5 or above at GCSE Maths.
There will be two exam papers that will be as follows:
- 90 minutes
- 60 marks
- scientific calculator allowed
- no optional questions
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kingdown School directly.