German A Level at The Grove School
This specification for AS and A level German is designed to encourage students to:
- develop an interest in, and enthusiasm for, language learning
- communicate confidently, clearly and effectively in the language for a range of purposes
- develop awareness and understanding of the contemporary society, cultural background
and heritage of countries or communities where the language is spoken
- acquire knowledge, skills and understanding for practical use, further study and/or
- communicate with speakers of the language.
AS Level Topics
Leisure and Lifestyles, including travel and tourism, sport, hobbies, entertainment,
customs, traditions, healthy living - health and nutrition, diet and exercise; unhealthy
living - drugs, Aids, smoking, alcohol, etc
The Individual and Society, including relationships and responsibilities, gender issues,
youth culture (values, peer groups, fashions and trends etc.), education, vocational
training and future careers.
Advanced Level Topics
Environmental Issues, including technology pollution, global warming, transport, energy,
nuclear energy, renewable energies, conservation, recycling, sustainability.
Social and Political Issues, including the role of the media, racism, immigration social
exclusion and integration, terrorism, world of work (employment, commerce,
Guided Studies, including two topics from The World of Cinema, The World of Literature
or the Regions of Spain. These can be two from the same topic area.
College entry requirements: 6 GCSE s at grades A*-C in six different subjects including English and Maths+ GCSE Grade B in German
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Grove School directly.