Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Level 1 Diploma (QCF) at Eastleigh College
This programme is designed to engage and motivate individuals who are interested in learning about the maintenance of motorcycles and the various roles that are available in the retail motor industry.
You will develop your knowledge and skills in:-Health and safety practices in motorcycle maintenance and good housekeeping
- Tools, equipment and materials for motorcycle maintenance
- Motorcycle engine systems, components and operation
- Motorcycle braking systems components and maintenance
- Motorcycle wheels and tyres construction and maintenance
- Motorcycle exhaust systems components and maintenance
- Basic electrical skills
All students studying on this programme will be placed in a local workshop and the Colleges own MOT station to gain invaluable work experience.
Tutors will arrange trips to industry based events, such as the Motorsport Show.
The study programme is 16 hours per week for 36 weeks. Students will be expected to complete a minimum of two hours self-study each week.
- You will require 4 GCSEs at grade A*-E and you should have a genuine interest in gaining experience, and have a desire to work, in the retail automotive industry.
- You will also be required to undertake BKSB assessment and attend a college interview.
You will be assessed through a combination of:
- Workshop based competence tasks and questioning
- Written assessments
- External online testing
- Functional Skills assessments
You will be supported in producing an e-portfolio of evidence to show your competence and understanding of the qualification and skills.
You will need to provide suitable overalls and safety boots which must always be worn during workshop activities.
Upon successful completion, you may choose to progress onto Level 2 Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Technology or Level 2 Light Vehicle Maintenance. Alternatively you may gain employment in the motor industry or go onto an Apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Eastleigh College directly.