Travel & Tourism BTEC Level 2 Diploma at South Tyneside College
The BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Travel and Tourism provides a basic introduction for learners who would like to gain employment in the travel and tourism sector, including retail travel, visitor attractions, accommodation, transport and tour operations.
The specification has been designed to allow learners the opportunity to gain a wide range of knowledge and experiences so that particular interests and career aspirations within the travel and tourism sector can be pursued. Course content: The Edexcel BTEC Level 2 Diploma in travel and tourism is a one-year qualification that consists of three mandatory units plus eight or nine optional units.
- The UK Travel and Tourism Sector
- Understanding Customer Service in Travel and Tourism
- Understanding the Nature and Effects of World Travel Optional Units
- Development of the UK Travel and Tourism Sector
- Developing Customer Service Skills in Travel and Tourism
- UK Tourism Destinations
- European Holiday Destinations
- Worldwide Holiday Destinations
- Holiday Planning
- Exploring Marketing in Travel and Tourism
- Preparing for Employment in Travel and Tourism
- Organising a Travel and Tourism Study Visit**
- Exploring Airports and Airlines
- Interpersonal Skills for Holiday Representatives
- Exploring UK Travel Agency Operations
- Overseas Holiday Operations
- Introduction to Cruise Operations
- Planning a Trip to a Visitor Attraction*
- UK Visitor Attractions*
- Hospitality Operations in Travel and Tourism * Not to be included within the same programme of study Course structure:
This is a one year full time course. Students will be required to spend at least 360 hours on taught or directed study over the year. Students will also follow courses in the three Key Skills of Communication, Application of Number and IT.
This course could include activities that may take place outside the conventional lecture time. These activities are a compulsory part of the course.
One or more GCSE grades at C or above and/or BTEC Level 1 qualification in Travel and Tourism or a related vocational area.
Assessment is by a combination of submitted assignments and practical tasks that are internally assessed and then externally verified.
The BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Travel and Tourism is aimed at individuals who may be considering a career within or associated with the Travel and Tourism industry. It may also be used as an entry qualification for the BTEC National in Travel and Tourism.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Tyneside College directly.