Functional Skills - City and Guilds Level 2 at Qdos Training Ltd
Funcitonal Skills are practical skills in English, Maths and ICT. They provide an individual with essential knowledge, skills and understanding that will enable them to operate confidently, effectively and independently in life and work. These skills are essential for furhter learning and employment since they are basec skills needed for most jobs.
They are learning tools that enable learners to:
- apply their knowledge and understanding to everydat life.
- engage competently and confidently with others
- solve problems in both familiar and unfamiliar situations
- develop personally and profesionally as positive individuals who can actively contribute to society
These skills help build the confidence of an individual whilse reading, writing, speaking and listening. It helps effective communication where information can be passed clearly through either speaking or writing. It helps understand information adn act appropriately. It helps to make presentations, write reports, take part in group discussion and analyse ideas and information. It helps present information in a logical swquwncww, in the correct format using correct grammar. These are skills tha businesses require and are calling out for.
These skills help to understand various mathematical concepts, and also how to apply the,. It hleps increase analytical, problem solving and reasoning skills, identify errors and validate results. It helps use numbers and calculations to process data, solve complex problems and helps with logical working, interpretation and comparison of results in various forms like tables, graphs, charts and diagrams. Again, essential skills for business.
You will develop your ICT knowledge and gain essential skills to:
- Find and select information using ICT tools including spreadsheet, database and word applications
- Develop, present and communicate information using ICT software
- Manage files, folders and other media storage to enable efficient
- Information retrieval
- Use Internet search engines and queries, AND/NOT>OR,>,<,>=,<=, use of wild cards
- USe collaborative tools appropriately
- Select and use software applications to meet needs and solve complex problems
The level an apprentice will work towards will depend on previous qualifications and the level of their apprenticeship. All apprentices are assessed at the beginning of their course by their assessor to help us to decide if extra support is required.
To show they have met the standards, apprentices will complete set tasks and take a national skills test for each subject area.
- You will have an up to date practical qualification that proves you can use Mathematics and English for business purposes.
- You will not need to be released to obtain these qualifications if you are undertaking an Apprenticeship. This will make you more attractive over job applicants that will need to be released.
- You will be able to prove to a future employer that you have the everday skills to work confidently, effectively and independently.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Qdos Training Ltd directly.