Hair - Barbering Apprenticeship Level 2 (HAB1) at Barnsley College
If you enjoy hairstyling and like meeting different people, this could be the perfect job for you. This apprenticeship will provide you with the training and qualifications you need to work in the beauty industry.
The list below sets out how the credit has been assigned across the mandatory units. All units in this qualification are mandatory.
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Colour and lighten hair using a range of techniques
- Cut hair using a range of barbering techniques to create a variety of looks
- Style and finish men’s hair
- Cut facial hair into shape
- Shaving services
- Two GCSEs grade A – C or grade 9 – 3 including English and maths
- NVQ Level 1 Hairdressing
- You need to be employed within the hair and beauty industry or have an employer in this area willing to take you on as an apprentice
You will be assessed by your assessor using a portfolio of evidence, practical demonstrations and assignments. You will be assessed both in College and in your place of work.
You may be eligible for assistance with expenses such as travel, books, equipment and childcare.
For further information please contact the Student Services Team on +44 (0)1226 216 114.
You may decide to progress onto the Diploma Level 3 or NVQ Level 2 in Hairdressing or into employment.
We have a dedicated team available to provide information on all of our courses and to help you to make the right choices about your future. The team are based at the Old Mill Lane site.
Drop in: Monday – Thursday 9.00am – 5.00pm Friday 9.00am – 4.30pm
Tel: 01226 216 123
Our Information Advisers visit schools and provide impartial information about training and education options for school leavers.
They can help with: • Applying for courses • Arranging taster days and visits to College • Information about course requirements
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.