Physical Education A-Level at Wolverhampton Girls' High School
The course will appeal to students who have a practical and/or academic interest in Physical Education. You should have a real desire to develop your theoretical knowledge of the subject and a willingness to develop practically both in terms of performance and analysis
Progression to Career/ University Courses:
The course will be of specific interest to those students who are contemplating sports related degrees and other higher education courses. It will also give a very grounding for those students who are contemplating careers in Sport who may not be contemplating University. It will most suit those students who have previously shown a real interest in the subject area and will know that issues will sustain their interest throughout.
- The specification demands that you are theoretically aware as well as practically competent
- You will need to take responsibility for developing your practical performance over a period of time You will have opportunities to develop your independent learning through research tasks
- Students can be truly engaged in their studies by becoming active investigators rather than passive learners both in terms of the practical and theoretical content
- Students will develop knowledge and understanding of factors that enable them and others to be physically active:
- There are 3 discrete areas of theoretical study. You will need to be broad in your approach.
Students (external and internal) wishing to join the Sixth Form at Wolverhampton Girls’ High School will usually be expected to have achieved a minimum of 6 GCSEs at grades A*- B, including Mathematics and English Language with a minimum average points score of 48 from her best 6 subjects. Students should preferably have achieved A* or A in the subjects they wish to study at A Level, but with a minimum of grade B. Subjects which are not GCSEs but deemed to be equivalent to GCSEs are not accepted. The Headteacher reserves the right to make the final decision on the application of this criteria.
Subject Specific Criteria:
GCSE PE Grade B or above desirable or equivalent. GCSE average points score of 40
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wolverhampton Girls' High School directly.