Introduction to Early Years Education and Care CACHE Level 2 Certificate at Doncaster College
The aim of this qualification is to prepare you to work with children between birth and five years with knowledge of children up to seven years.
You will develop the skills and knowledge needed to care for babies and young children within a Nursery and School setting. You will complete a range of units to achieve the qualification. Some units you will cover:
- Support physical care routines for children
- An introduction to the role of the early years practitioner
- Understand legislation relating to the safeguarding, protection and welfare of children
- Support children's play in early years
You will be required to complete at least 250 hours work placement to complete your qualification.
- Two GCSE grades Cs and above including English
- Level 1Functional Skills in English and Math
- All applicants must complete a skills review in Maths and English and attend an interview
- Application of DBS
- Uniform must be applied for.
This course is based on a portfolio of evidence in which you will demonstrate your competence through assignments, work products and observations in the work place.
This qualification provides opportunities for progression to further study of the Level 3 Diploma in Children's Play, Learning and Development (Early Years Educator). You must have also achieved Grade C in GCSE Maths and English to progress onto this course.
Successful completion will provide opportunities in careers including Parent/Toddler Group Assistant, Crèche Assistant/Playgroup Assistant, Child-minder's Assistant, Children's Centre Assistant, Nursery Assistant, Teaching Assistant. After further study you can progress into careers such as Nursery Nurse, Child-minder, Crèche Leader, Early Years and Primary Teaching - please check additional entry requirements such as GCSEs.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Doncaster College directly.