Physical Education A level at Cannock Chase High School
This course seeks to develop the student’s knowledge, understanding, skills and application for physical education and sport. The course, written by practising teachers and assessors, is a refreshing and innovative approach to the study of PE and sport at an advanced level.
Component 1 – Scientific Principles of Physical Education
• Topic 1: Applied Anatomy and Physiology
• Topic 2: Exercise Physiology and Applied Movement Analysis
Component 2 – Psychological and Social Principles of Physical Education
• Topic 3: Skill Acquisition
• Topic 4: Sport Psychology
• Topic 5: Sport and Society
Component 3 – Practical Performance
• Skills performed in one activity as a player/performer or skills performed in one physical activity as a coach.
Component 4 – Performance Analysis
• In the role of player/performer or coach analyse two components of a physical activity.
• In the role of player/performer or coach, analyse, implement and evaluate a Performance Development Programme.
A*-C grade in GCSE PE full or short course, A*-C grade in GCSE English Language, A*-C grade in 1 Science at GCSE.
The course is recognised by all universities and colleges and would be of interest to people wishing to pursue Sport Science, Physiotherapy, Physical Education teaching, Human Biology, Medical Science and the Leisure Industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Cannock Chase High School directly.