Construction and the Built Environment BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at Warwickshire College Group
If you are looking for a career in the Construction Industry as an Architect, Quantity Surveyor, Building Inspector, Civil Engineer or any other professional/technical career pathway within the sector this is an ideal course for you.
You will learn about construction techniques, coordinating construction projects as well as developing an appreciation of how practical construction skills fit in with a complete construction project.
You will study a range of subjects linked to the above careers, working both individually and as part of a group. You will take part in practical surveying exercises, science laboratory tests and theory classes.
You will visit construction projects with assignments based around these case studies. You will be using industry standard materials, testing materials and digital levels.
- Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction and the Built Environment
- Sustainable Construction
- Mathematics in Construction
- Science and Materials in construction
- Construction Technology and Design in Construction and Civil Engineering
- Building Technology in Construction
Other units typically include:
- Measuring, Estimating and Tendering Processes
- Planning Procedures in Construction
- Design Procedures in Construction
- Construction Design Technology
- Conversion and Adaptation of Buildings
- Project in Construction and the Built Environment
- Grade A-C in 5 GCSE subjects including Maths and English
- or a suitable Level 2 construction qualification, plus GCSE English and maths at Grade C
- Successful interview
You will be assessed through a combination of course work activities, group and individual assignments, case studies and exams. All units are assessed and graded and an overall grade for the qualification will be awarded.
Successful completion of the course will provide you with an excellent basis for entry into a variety of fields within the construction industry including Architecture, Building Management, Building Surveying, Quantity Surveying, Land Surveying, Civil and Structural Engineering, Building Control.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Warwickshire College Group directly.