Dental Nursing Advanced Level Apprenticeship at Wirral Metropolitan College
This apprenticeship is designed for applicants who are in paid employment within Dental Nursing, to achieve the theory and practical elements of the qualifications which recognise the skills they gain in the workplace.
- QCF Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Functional Skill in Mathematics at Level 2
- Functional Skill in English at Level 2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Apprentices must be in paid employment of at least 30 hours a week. Candidates who already have a qualification at Level 4 or higher are not eligible.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course.
Assessment will be by portfolio of evidence, direct observation, professional discussion, testimonies, direct questioning, assignments, recognised prior learning and off the job tailored training sessions.
There are a number of progression routes open to Dental Nurses:
- specialist dental nursing roles
- dental hygiene or therapy
- dental technology
- dental practice management
- teaching dental nurses
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wirral Metropolitan College directly.