Music and Music Technology Level 3 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Are you passionate about music? Would you like a career in the music technology sector?
This course covers key areas of digital sound and music technology, including sound design, sound production and sound recording. It allows you to gain a valuable insight into the music technology industry.
The course provides a practical, work-related qualification, and you will learn by completing projects and assignments based on realistic workplace situations. It develops your knowledge and skills, and helps you to progress into a related career or Higher Education course. You will develop skills suitable for many careers, both in the music industry and in other areas.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Practical sessions and workshops
- Classroom activities
- Group work, as a whole class or in specialist groups
- Self-directed study
- Personal tutorials
Throughout the course you will benefit from our state-of-the-art facilities, which will vary by campus. These include recording studios, musical instruments, mixing facilities, live rooms, Mac digital manipulation suites, practice rooms, and student lounges.
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, ideally Welsh/English, Maths and a Science; or,
- A Merit grade in a relevant Level 2 qualification, in Music, Music Technology, Performing Arts, Media, or IT
- A range of prior experience can also be taken into consideration, including DJ experience and other musical backgrounds. The ability to read music is preferred
- All students should be passionate about the subject and possess suitable musical abilities
- All places are subject to satisfactory interview and audition.
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Internal assessment will be ongoing through the course, with practical projects, assignments, personal tutorials, and performances
- You will also have projects or assignments at the end of each module
- The assessment will be carried out by the course team, by yourself, and by your work experience provider.
Completion of this course gives you a range of options in education and employment.
The qualification will contribute to your UCAS points, and allow you to apply for a range of Higher Education courses at many institutions. This includes Music and Music Technology degrees, as well as various other subjects.
You will also have potential employment opportunities within the music industry, the creative industries and the technology sector either directly or after Higher Education. This includes careers as a DJ, musician, producer, broadcast engineer, entertainment manager, composer or teacher.
- Conference Centre Manager
- Events Manager
- Sound Engineer
- Studio Producer
- Theatre Manager
Programme code: 0901C03B
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.