Rock School in Music Practitioners Level 1 at Bedford College
This music course will introduce you to practical skills in performing and some music technology.
During the course you will cover a number of topics, including:
- Performing effectively (instrument or voice)
- Rehearsing and displaying musicianship skills
- Initiating and developing repertoire
- Rehearsing effectively and performing music live
- Understanding contextual issues relating to music style, audience and the music industry
- Understanding relevant aspects of music technology
In order to begin this course you will need to show evidence of study at Level 2/GCSE Level. It is essential that you have a strong interest in music. Entry will also be subject to a successful interview and the willingness to learn/develop instrumental skills.
This course could be free! You will be eligible if you are aged 19-24 on the 31st August of the year you are starting your course and are actively seeking employment and in receipt of a means tested benefit (such as job seekers, housing benefit, council tax benefit). Please note you will need to be able to produce evidence of the benefit in your name when you come to enrol.
On successful completion of the course you could progress onto Music Level 2.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bedford College directly.