Bricklaying Level 3 at Gateshead College
You will gain practical experience in our fully equipped professional workshops.
As well as bricklaying, you will learn about complex arches, circular work and openings, various types of detailed walling and complex setting out of building.
- Working practices in construction.
- Quantities and communicating with others.
- Complex setting out.
- Constructing structural and decorative brickwork.
- Repairing and maintaining masonry structure.
- Erecting complex masonry structures.
- Health and safety.
- A vocationally revelevant Level 2 programme with GCSE English and maths at grade C or better
- In addition to the entry requirements it is essential that you have evidence of either relevant employment or work experience in the business sector, which may include voluntary work.
Fast-track to an apprenticeship
If you can’t find the right apprenticeship vacancy or you want to do some studying first - no problem. You can start on a vocational study programme then once you’re ready and a vacancy becomes available, we’ll help you transfer on to an apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Gateshead College directly.