Creative Digital Media (Interactive Media) - Level 3 Diploma at Vision West Nottinghamshire College
This course is designed for those who may wish to pursue a professional career or entry to Higher Education in a multimedia and design related industry.
At interview, we will discuss with you your entry qualifications, experience and career goals. This, along with your portfolio, will form the basis of your starting point on this course.
The Level 3 Diploma in Creative Digital Media is a one year programme of study that gives you the opportunity to explore a career in the fast paced and exciting digital industry. The course will cover web and digital graphic design, digital illustration, 3D modelling and animation. This diverse and creative course enables you to not only develop software skills such as Photoshop, Flash and After Effects but the essential communication, problem solving and industry skills you need to succeed in this digital environment.
You will have the option to progress to the Level 3 Extended Diploma where you will be able to continue to develop your skills and understanding of the digital era. You will work on live briefs and meet professionals from a range of roles within the digital industry.
For the diploma you will need:
- Four GCSEs with at least 4 points (grade C) including English or an appropriate equivalent OR
- A relevant Level 2 diploma at merit level, and GCSE English with 4 points (grade C) or an appropriate equivalent.
- A portfolio.
For the extended diploma you will need:
- Five GCSEs with at least 4 points (grade C) including English or an appropriate equivalent OR
- A relevant Level 2 diploma at merit level, and GCSE English with 4 points (grade C).
- A portfolio.
You will need to attend an interview with the tutor before being accepted on to the course. You may also need to supply at least one written reference from a teacher or employer (in some cases two) and/or your current school or college report.
Mature students (those aged 21 or over) who do not have the qualifications required for entry may still be eligible, subject to an interview. Relevant experience, a strong portfolio of work and a commitment to the subject you wish to study may be acceptable for certain courses.
Assessment takes place through controlled assignments set by tutors and externally verified.
You will take part in projects and practical workshops based on realistic workplace situations.
The diploma and extended diploma are nationally-recognised qualifications. The Level 3 extended diploma is equivalent to three A Levels and will support an application to Higher Education as well as developing many of the wider skills required for progression to employment in related areas of work such as web design, games design, virtual reality.
Progression opportunities include to a higher level of study HND in Interactive Media available at the college.What can I go on to study?
- Following successful completion of the diploma study programme you may be able to progress to the extended diploma.
- Following successful completion of the extended diploma you could progress to university-level qualifications such as a degree or HND in related area, or you could go on to further training or employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Vision West Nottinghamshire College directly.