Physical Education A Level at Lady Manners School
- Applied anatomy and physiology
- Skill Acquisition
- Sport and Society
- Biomechanical movement
- Sport psychology
- Sport and society and the role of technology
As with all new A Level specifications, all exams are taken at the end of Year 13.
Paper 1: Factors affecting participation in physical activity and sport
- Section A: Applied Physiology
- Section B: Skill acquisition
- Section C: Sport and Society
- Practical Assessment
Paper 2: Factors affecting optimal performance in physical activity and Sport.
- Section A: Exercise Physiology and biomechanics
- Section B: Sport Psychology
- Section C: Sport and society and technology in sport
Grade B or higher in GCSE Physical Education
- Written examination - 70%
- Practical assessment - 30%
Sport, Leisure and Recreation are growth areas in society and this is reflected in the courses now offered the length and breadth of the country in sport and sport related subjects.
The Sport and Physical Education A Level course provides a bridge to higher education and is accepted by universities and colleges for general admission.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lady Manners School directly.