Vehicle Technology Advanced Diploma at North Lindsey College
The Advanced Diploma in Vehicle Technology is designed to introduce students to modern
vehicle diagnostic techniques, used to identify faults on all major vehicle systems. Students will develop their knowledge and skills of the core systems before investigating common faults, their causes and how to identify them. This includes electronic and
non-electronic methods of fault diagnosis and students will use modern diagnosis equipment. These activities will be based in the College's well equipped vehicle repair workshop. The programme includes theoretical and practical work in the following subjects:
- Diagnosing & Rectifying Auxiliary Electrical Faults
- Diagnosing & Rectifying Engine Faults
- Diagnosing & Rectifying Chassis System Faults
- Diagnosing & Rectifying Transmission & Driveline Faults
As part of this programme students will gain general motor vehicle workshop experience
and study the following units:
- Competency in Diagnosing and Rectifying Automotive Vehicle Auxiliary Electrical Faults
- Knowledge of Diagnosis and Rectification of Automotive Vehicle Auxiliary Electrical Faults
- Competency in Diagnosing and Rectifying Light Vehicle Engine Faults
- Knowledge of Diagnosis and Rectification of Light Vehicle Engine Faults
- Competency in Diagnosing and Rectifying Light Vehicle Engine Chassis
- Knowledge of Diagnosis and Rectification of Light Vehicle Engine Chassis System Faults
- Knowledge of Diagnosis and Rectification of Light Vehicle Transmission and Driveline Faults
To be eligible for the programme students will have already completed the Intermediate Diploma in Vehicle Technology or have at least 3 years' relevant industrial experience. All students will be treated on individual merit and final acceptance onto the course is subject to an interview.
Students' performance will be measured with a combination of written tests, on-line exams and practical assessments.
The aim of the course is for learners to progress to an apprenticeship at intermediate level or into industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lindsey College directly.