Childcare Year 1 Group A CACHE Level 3 at Eastleigh College
You will study a wide range of childcare and education related units. Methods of teaching will include direct teaching, small and large group work and independent research.
You will study a wide range of childcare and education related units.
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade A* - C, including English and Maths is required.
- You must attend an interview in college and demonstrate an interest in childcare and commitment to study.
- Successful completion of Year One of a Level 3 programme is a pre-requisite to entry onto Year Two.
All work is assessed against grade boundaries A*-C.
- This includes projects, assignments external assessments and work based experience.
All students are required to undertake substantial work placement that forms a mandatory and graded part of your qualification.
- This requires 24 hour placement alternative weeks.
You should expect to spend at least 10 hours on assignments and homework outside of class.
Additional costs incurred may include purchasing a relevant text book, stationery, memory stick and College polo shirts for the work placements.
There will also be a further charge for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (formerly Criminal Records Bureau), which is mandatory.
On successful completion of Level 3, students can progress into various job roles in the statutory, voluntary or private sectors such as a practitioner in a day nursery, nursery school, reception class in a primary school or as a pre-school worker, home-based childcare or as a nanny.
Progression to Higher Education can also be made for teaching in early years.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Eastleigh College directly.