Forestry – Level 2 Diploma at Sparsholt College
This extremely practical course covers many aspects of woodland work, so you’ll develop a broad range of skills.
You’ll benefit from carrying out tree planting, woodland maintenance operations, habitat management and timber felling and harvesting at various local sites, as well as using the College’s many facilities, including a sawmill.Topics covered
• Work related experience in the land-based industries
• Environmental and land-based business
• Disposal of wood arisings and residues from work on trees-chippers and stump grinders
• Establish trees and shrubs
• Identify and select trees and shrubs
• Felling and extraction of timber from woodlands
• Understand and carry out silviculture and habitat management
• Undertake tree felling operations
Four GCSEs at grade D or above including Maths and English/relevant Level 1 Diploma. You must also be physically fit and aged 17 or over at the start of the course due to age restrictions on chainsaw use.
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Forestry
- Contracting companies
- Utility contracting
- Local authorities
- Conservation work
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sparsholt College directly.