Art & Design: Fine Art Eduqas A Level at Harris Girls' Academy East Dulwich
Fine Art covers a broad and developing area of Art study that includes painting, drawing, ceramics, sculpture, installation, performance and conceptual art and aspects of print-making, photography and film.
It utilises traditional, new and emerging media and processes and involves expressive use of a particularly wide range of materials, techniques and skills.
Year 12 Content
Component 1 Personal Creative Enquiry
- 100% coursework internally assessed and externally moderated.
- The Personal Creative Enquiry consists of an extended, exploratory project/portfolio and outcome/s based on themes and subject matter which are personal and meaningful to the learner.
- The themes will be independently selected and may include the human condition, landscape and environment or still life as starting points.
- The Enquiry will integrate critical, practical and theoretical work. The learner will be required to select, evaluate and present work for assessment.
- Submissions will be assessed through the use of the assessment objectives.
- Work will be determined by the learner and teacher, assessed by the teacher and externally moderated.
Year 13 Content
Component 1: Personal Investigation:
- (60 % of A Level), entirely coursework, internally assessed and externally moderated
- The Personal Investigation consists of a major in-depth, practical, critical and theoretical investigative project/theme-based portfolio.
- Learners will be required to carry out an extended critical and contextual analysis (1000 word minimum requirement).
- Critical contextual understanding may be demonstrated through written, visual, oral or other appropriate forms.
- All work will be selected, evaluated and presented for assessment by candidates.
Component 2: Externally Set Assignment
- (40% of A level), leading to an examination of 15 hours
- Learners will be required to independently develop a personal response to one of a varied range of stimuli.
- Learners will develop their response during a preparatory study period culminating in a 15 hour sustained focus study.
- To be externally set from the 1st February 2017.
- All work will be selected, evaluated and presented for assessment by the candidates.
- Critical contextual understanding should be demonstrated through written, visual, oral or other appropriate forms.
- Students require a grade B or above in Art and Design GCSE, and at least a C grade in English GCSE.
- Students maybe invited in for interview with a portfolio of artwork.
Year 12 Assessment: Personal Creative Enquiry
100% coursework internally assessed and externally moderated in the form of a display of student’s visual outcomes and sketchbooks/preparatory studies.
Year 13 Assessment: Personal Investigation
100% coursework, internally assessed and externally moderated, in the form of a visual display of students’ visual outcomes and sketchbook/preparatory studies.
Students who study Fine Art continue into a career in a number of different disciplines within the creative industries.
Many students progress on to Foundation courses and degrees in Art and Design at London Art schools.
Many students further progress on to a career as a Fine Artist, Illustrator, Photographer, Graphic Designer, Fashion/Textile Designer, Architect, Gallery Curator, and Film-Maker.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Harris Girls' Academy East Dulwich directly.