Spanish A Level at The Belvedere Academy 6th Form
This includes 4 taught themes, the study of a film and a work of literature and an independent research project.
Students are encouraged to undertake Work Experience in Spain in Year 12.
- Theme 1: Being a young person in Spanish-speaking society (family and friends, youth trends, education and opportunities).
- Theme 2: Understanding the Spanish-speaking world (culture and heritage. Francophonie. literature and film)
- Theme 3: Diversity and difference (cultural identity, celebrating difference, discrimination and diversity)
- Theme 4: The two Spains, 1936 Onwards (Spanish Civil War, Post Civil-War Spain, el franguismo)
Minimum of Grade B GCSE Spanish
- Component 1 Speaking assessment (30%) - a 15 minute assessment including the independent research project and a discussion based on a stimulus card
- Component 2 Listening, Reading and Translation Assessment (50%) - a 2hr30m written examination
- Component 3 Critical and analytical response (20%) - a 2hr examination with 2 essay questions, one on a film and one on a work of literature.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Belvedere Academy 6th Form directly.