Games Design - (single) - Vocational at Baxter College
The Level 3 Computer Games Design courses at Baxter College provides the knowledge, understanding and technical skills for learners wishing to enter upon a career in Computer Games Design or Development, Animation, Digital Graphics or Special Effects Production.
Content Units of Study
- Directed Study
- Personal Tutorials
A grade scale of pass, merit and distinction is applied to all units. All units will be internally assessed through portfolio evidence.
Units students will study:
- Unit 1 Pre-Production Techniques for the Creative Media Industries
- Unit 2 Communication Skills for Creative Media Production
- Unit 3 Research Techniques for the Creative Media Industries
- Unit 66 3D Modelling
- Unit 67 3D Animation
- Unit 74 Computer Game Story Development
Successful completion of year 1 will allow you to move onto year 2 or consider employment in areas involving the use of IT/games development. Students who successfully complete this course will be able to apply for university or apply for work in the I.T or gaming sector.
Students will be considered depending upon qualifications, experience and interview. Typically you will have one of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade C or above including GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English.
- BTEC Level 2 Creative media at PASS or above
- GCSE I.T at Grade C or above.
- Computing Grade C or above.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Baxter College directly.