Introduction to Leisure and Business - Public Services option Level One BTEC Diploma at East Riding College
This course is an overview of the public services and helps prepare you to advance onto further study such as the BTEC Level Two in Public Services. It is aimed at improving your fitness and introducing you to the skills and knowledge required to work in the public services.
- Public services careers
- Improving health and fitness in the uniformed public services
- Public services incidents
- Personal skills for the public services
- Working as a volunteer
- Map reading using Ordnance Survey
- Planning and participating in an event
- Assisting the public
- Introduction to expedition skills
- Public services group project
- Self-management skills
- Searching for a job
- A minimum of two GCSEs
- A satisfactory interview
- An initial assessment
Assessment is based on the completion of assignment work and observation of tasks and activities.
Level Two BTEC Diploma in Public Services or Level Two BTEC in Sport
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.