Agricultural Engineering – Level 3 Extended Diploma at Sparsholt College
Taught by specialist staff in our exciting new motor vehicle and agricultural engineering centre, this course is designed to equip you with the knowledge, understanding and skills the land-based technology industry needs.
You’ll enjoy work placements, trips to machinery manufacturers and dealers and industry events such as the Grassland or Dairy events and LAMMA Show, as well as the opportunity to work on a wide range of land-based machinery both at the College and at local dealers.
• Workshop practice
• Engine technology
• Electrical systems
• Ground care equipment
• Farm and plant equipment
• Machinery operation
• Harvesting equipment
• Cultivation and planting equipment
• Air conditioning
• 4 wheel drive
• Engineering science
Five GCSEs at grade C or above including English, Maths and Science/Level 2 Diploma in Agricultural Engineering at Merit level with Functional Skills English and Maths at Level 2 or GCSE grade C or above.
- A Degree in Land-based Technology
- Level 2 / Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Skilled technician servicing large machinery such as tractors and combines, forestry machinery or quarry machinery, fixed plant machinery such as grain driers, vegetable handling and packing or milking parlours, horticultural or ground care machinery
- Skilled technician working for a machinery manufacturer
- Fabrication, road and bridge construction
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sparsholt College directly.