Vehicle Maintenance Advanced Apprenticeship at Weston College
Advanced apprenticeships are a great chance to extend your ‘on the job training’ and learning in a college environment. You will be employed by a garage or dealership and work alongside an experienced tradesperson to further develop and practice your new skills. You will also attend college for one day a week for support and to learn the higher technical side of your trade.
This apprenticeship covers advanced training in a range of light vehicle maintenance topics. The IMI qualification is high in practical and theory content and covers the diagnosis of modern complex motor vehicle systems including advanced systems operation and their faults such as Brakes, Steering and suspension, Electrical and inspection.
**This Apprenticeship is comprised of 6 elements:*
- IMI Diploma – Light Vehicle Maintenance, Level 3
- Light Vehicle Maintenance, NVQ, Level 3
- Maths L2 (unless you already have a GCSE C grade or equivalent)
- English L2 (unless you already have a GCSE C grade or equivalent)
- ICT L2 (unless you already have a GCSE C grade or equivalent)
- Employer’s rights and responsibilities.
A minimum of 5 GCSEs grade A*-C (including English and Maths and ICT Level 2) and successful completion of the Intermediate Apprenticeship in Light Vehicle Maintenance and be employed in the automotive industry.
We will assess you with practical skills tests and observing you in the workplace. You will also do online tests, assignments and produce an E-Portfolio of evidence. You will be assigned a personal assessor who will visit you at work to review your progress and to make sure you’re on target to get your qualifications.
- A degree in mechanical/motorsport engineering
- A career in a motor vehicle business as a technician
- A career in the motorsport industry
- Setting up your own business as a mechanic/auto technician.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Weston College directly.