Traineeships with BTA at Consortia Training
Bassetlaw Training Agency hold an EFA contract for Traineeships aimed at motivated work-ready young people aged between 16-18 years.
Traineeships help support learners into employment or an Apprenticeship providing they have not attained a qualification higher than Level 2. Traineeships last between six weeks and six months and are tailored in accordance with individual purpose and need.
Bassetlaw Training Agency works to support learners access a variety of work placements which suit their career ambition in an industry of their choice whilst developing essential skills in-house which improves Maths and English and, Employability Skills such as: CV writing, application forms and interview techniques.
Traineeships are described as:
‘An education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core are work preparation training, English and Maths for those who need it and a high quality work experience placement. Traineeships prepare young people for their future careers by helping them to become ‘work ready’. Traineeships provide the essential work preparation training, maths and English and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job’.
Work preparation training and work experience will put you in a better position to compete for an Apprenticeship or other job.
- At the end of the work experience placement you will get a reference and an exit interview - or a job interview if a role becomes available - with the company’
Work preparation training ensures young people are ready and have confidence to take the first step in their career, such as an Apprenticeship.
- Just 38% of unemployed young people believe they are ready for the world of work. 
- Employers are at the centre of Traineeships to ensure they provide the skills which businesses are looking for.
Maths and English support ensure you have the literacy and numeracy skills needed for the workplace.
- 32% and 31% of employers respectively are dissatisfied with school and college leavers’ basic literacy and numeracy. 
- All young people undertaking a Traineeship will be required to study English and maths unless they have achieved a GCSE A*-C in those subjects.
Meaningful work experience provides insight and experience of the world of work.
- Experience is hugely important to employers with 74% saying work experience is critical or significant when recruiting. 
- Traineeships give your child the opportunity to build their CV and get vital experience with employers such as BT, Mercedes Benz and HSBC.’
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Consortia Training directly.