Engineering (Level 3) at Central College Nottingham
This course is for you if you would like to obtain primarily theoretical skills supplemented with some practical skills in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering. This course can be taken with a view to gaining employment in the Electrical or Mechanical industry.
- Properties and Applications of Engineering Materials
- Electro / Pneumatic and Hydraulic System and Devices
- Computer Aided Drafting
- Further Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Mathematics for Technicians
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Mechanical Principles
- Engineering Project
- Functional Skills in English and Maths
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
One of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at grades A*-C including English Language and Maths*
- A relevant Level 2 qualification including GCSE English Language and Maths* at grade A*-C
*If you do not have both GCSE English Language and Maths at A*-C, we may accept one of them at Grade D in addition to your 4 GCSEs at A*-C. Functional Skills may be accepted instead of GCSE English and/or Maths. Functional Skills Level 1 is equivalent to GCSE Grade D and Level 2 to GCSE Grade C.
Adults who are aged 19+ with relevant industry experience but without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
You will complete a programme of assignments and project work to satisfy a Pass, Merit or Distinction.
- HNC / HND Higher Education
- Foundation Degree
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.