AS/A2 Level Health and Social Care at St John's Catholic School & Sixth Form College - A Catholic Academy
Is this course for me?
This course will appeal to students who:
- Enjoy a subject that is relevant to their own lives and experiences
- Want an opportunity to carry out practical work as well as class work
- Enjoy discovering things about themselves in practical situations
- Want to find out more about the subject through practical investigation
- Are interested in caring organisations and the clients they serve
- Want to move on to a related career or higher education course
- Choice of a Single Award and a Double Award available
- Structured content arranged across ten units. Both the Single and the Double Awards focus on the fundamental principles of health and social care
- It complements other A-Level studies such as Biology, Sociology and Psychology and equips students with skills needed for higher education and the world of work
- Students will be introduced to key concepts and a body of knowledge that will provide them with an individual and thoughtful perspective on contemporary issues in health and social care
- It provides insight into the job opportunities relevant to areas of work and gives students the opportunity to explore the main employment sectors in the four sectors of health, social care, community justice and the children and young people's workforce
The most important things you need in order to take Health & Social Care is a lively and enquiring mind, an interest in the caring professions, a willingness to explore new ideas and an ability to communicate your ideas effectively.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St John's Catholic School & Sixth Form College - A Catholic Academy directly.