HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE BTEC LEVEL 3 NATIONAL or SUBSIDIARY DIPLOMA at The Sandon School
This interesting and wide ranging advanced level course can lead you onto university or straight into employment. As well as focusing on Health and Social Care issues, it may be possible to gain qualifications in Manual Handling, Food Hygiene and First Aid. You'll also have the opportunity of valuable work experience in a range of placements with local health and social care providers, such as early years, care of the elderly and specialist health care placements such as hospitals.
CHOICE OF UNITS
- Unit 1 Developing effective communication
- Unit 2 Equality, diversity and rights
- Unit 3 Health, safety and security
- Unit 4 Development through the life stages
- Unit 7 Sociological perspectives
- Unit 8 Psychological perspectives
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology
- Unit 6 Personal and professional development
- Unit 22 Research methodology
- Unit 23 Complementary therapies
- Unit 26 Caring for individuals with additional needs
Students must have achieved a C grade or higher in GCSE English and those who have studied GCSE in Health and Social Care are expected to have achieved grade C or above. It is not a requirement that you should have studied Health and Social Care at GCSE level in order to study on this course.
Students wishing to progress into the medical professions of nursing and midwifery should take this course alongside A Level Biology. The course will allow you to work in the health care and social care sectors, teaching, police force, youth work and social work.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Sandon School directly.