BTEC Health & Social Care Level 3 at Havelock Academy
To enjoy this subject you must have a keen and natural interest in working with people to help care for them, maintain their health, and assist in the development of their holistic needs.
- Developing Effective Communication in Health and Social Care
- Equality, Diversity and Rights in Health and Social Care
- Health, Safety and Security in Health and Social Care
- Development through the Life Stages
- Anatomy and Physiology for Health and Social Care
- Sociological Perspectives for Health and Social Care
- Psychological Perspectives for Health and Social Care
- Nutrition for Health and Social Care
- Physiological Disorders
- Health Psychology
A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C including maths, English and science.
Units are internally assessed by means of assignments, case studies, presentations and projects. Tutorial support is an essential part of this Health and Social Care course.
Degree courses in Childcare, Counselling, Nursing, Mid-wifery, Physiotherapy, Speech and Language Therapy.
These degrees typically lead in to careers in Early Years Education, Social Work with Adults and children, Mental Health Counselling, Nursing, care work with the elderly and people with specific needs.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Havelock Academy directly.