Electrotechnical Engineering Apprenticeship Level 3 at Cumbria County Council
Some of your daily tasks may include:
- Maintaining our highway electrical assets, which include:
- street lights;
- traffic signals;
- underground Private Cable network.
All of which require skilled and experienced people. Before you go out into the job specific role, you will be required to gain a level of understanding, knowledge and skills for the work involved. This means you will attend full time training for the first year of your apprenticeship. It is a very dangerous and skilled line of work which requires patience and a high standard of selfawareness of your surroundings.
For the Advanced Apprenticeship (level 3), candidates must have at least 3 GCSE grade A* to C including Maths and English. In addition we are looking for candidates who have:
- A ‘Can Do’ attitude;
- A keen interest in Engineering and technology;
- A willingness to learn;
- Good colour vision to recognise colour coded wires and components;
- An ability to work at heights or in confined spaces;
- A willingness to work outside.
You will be assessed in a variety of ways which may include:
- On the job observations;
- Evidence of your duties / tasks performed;
- Reports from mentors and managers;
- Assessments in English; Maths and IT;
- Production of a portfolio of evidence.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Cumbria County Council directly.